Academic year: October to June.
Admission requirements. Foreign students should have good General Certificate of Education Ordinary O-level passes (or their equivalent) in English language, and 4 other subjects plus 3 Advanced A-level passes (required subjects vary according to degree course).
Immigration requirements. Foreign students must have a passport, visa, health certificate and other immigration requirements as indicated from time to time by the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Language proficiency required. Good knowledge of English required for all regular university courses. English-language proficiency courses offered; also general orientation programmes for all freshmen.
Monetary unit: cedi (C).
Expenses for one academic year. Foreign students are required to make payment of their fees in convertible currency to be drawn on an American or a British bank. Precise and fully up-to-date information about fees may be obtained only from the universities themselves. Special fares are available for student travel by air and sea on application (endorsed by university) to travel agencies.
- Dean of Students, University of Ghana, Legon.
- Registrar, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast; and University of Science and Technology, Kumasi.
- National Council for Higher Education, Accra.
- Association of African Universities, State House, Accra.
- United Nations Development Programme, Accra.
- Students Handbook, Annual Report and Calendar, issued free by the University of Cape Coast.
- Admission Handbook, Handbook of the Bachelor’s Degree, Handbook of Graduate Studies, and Handbook of Certificate/Diploma, issued free by the University of Ghana.
- Annual Report and Calendar, issued free by the University of Science and Technology.